Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Sparkly Unicorns

 


Sometimes it's just a rainbows and unicorns kind of day- at least that's the sentiment I've used on this card!

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week is Anything Goes. So I decided to just sit down, play with some stamps, and see where it lead me!

Here's the card, I started with the blue stitched cloud background (Lawn Fawn). Isn't that such a fun backdrop for various animals or creatures? I was going to pull out the dragons, but my circle panel was a bit too small, so I thought the Mama Elephant unicorns from Unicorn and Rainbows was perfect!
I coloured the unicorn with Copics and applied a nice layer of Spectrum Noir clear sparkle over top. I knew I wanted the contrast of orange for my main panel, and then I found this sparkle paper in my stash. It's from a Michaels Recollections multi-pack, and I have to be honest, it reeks. I cannot be alone in thinking the smell of some of the specialty sparkle papers smells totally toxic? Anyone know of a good sparkle paper that doesn't reek? I'll just let the card air out for a bit before I send it out.

Anyway, despite the smell, it's a perfect match! In order to make sure my sentiment stamped well, I used archival dye ink and my MISTI.



Also, in other news- have you all seen Cathy's latest release over at Simon Says Stamp? I hope to get the Hello You and Yay sets soon. I also kind of want the Salty Ladies set. I'm sure we all know some friends that would totally go for those sentiments! I've been a Cathy fan for a long time. Her clean and simple scrapbooking style is amazing, so I was thrilled when she jumped into cardmaking recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment