Friday, August 04, 2017

Dare to Get Dirty 2017

So it's been several years since I contributed to the Dare to Get Dirty challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. However, this was really the website where I "put down my crafting roots".  I was part of the Dirty Dozen starting in August 2007 (ten years ago!). A lot has changed since then, but I am still an avid crafter and stamper.

Although I didn't host any challenges, I provided samples for a few of the challenges. I thought I would share my projects here and encourage you to check out the challenges.

I won't share the specific challenge details (that's part of the fun, those details are for Fan Club members only), but here are my cards and the write-ups copied over from SCS:



I put this together for Edna15's challenge.

I have to stick to a stamping budget, so sometimes even though there are coordinating dies for a stamp set, I don't buy them! I also like my images to look a certain way, so I have gotten quite used to cutting them out.

This birthday bouquet was for my Grandmother's 80th birthday.

Stamps: Gran's Garden, Pen & Ink
Paper: White, Dark Chocolate
Paper Size: 5x6.5
Ink: Harvest Gold, Summer Sunshine, Honey Nut, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Mix and Mat Scallops Die


I put this together for jeannes's challenge
A while back, I made a similar card with the dotty butterfly trails using nuvo drops. However, I decided to use black acrylic paint and a stylus to get the same look. The perks to using the paint and stylus- easier to control, dries quickly and flat!

Stamps: Butterfly Hope, Polka Dot Basics
Paper: White, Harvest Gold
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Harvest Gold, True Black
Accessories: black acrylic paint, sheer polka dot ribbon, stitched scallop basic edges die, butterfly hope die


I put this together for va.sunshine's challenge.

For this card, I first embossed the hearts onto the vellum using white embossing powder. I then created a window card base and sandwiched the vellum between the front white piece and the card base. I added a few colourful heart dies and the celebrate word. I thought it'd be a fun and different wedding card.

Stamps: XOXO
Paper: White, Vellum, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush
Paper Size: A2
Ink: versamark
Accessories: good times die, xoxo die, mix and mat scallop die, white embossing powder
Techniques: heat embossing

No comments:

Post a Comment