Wednesday, July 26, 2017

MFT Colour Challenge 73

Hello!

Welcome back! Today I have a colour challenge card for MFT. As soon as I saw these colours, I thought flamingo! I have not used this set nearly enough since getting it, so I figured now was the perfect time!

Sadly, I do not own any of the MFT inks or papers, so I made do with what I had, making sure to feature all sorts of other MFT goodies.

I started with my teal background- just one shade of teal wasn't enough, so I decided to bring in three tones to make an interesting wavy sort of sky. I cut each piece from one of the Stitched Snow Drifts dies and then kind of puzzled them together.

Next, the stars of the show- the flamingos! I die cut those out of a coral card stock and inked up the wings with the coordinating ink for added dimension. I decided to bring in the lighter gray of the challenge by giving them some ground. Once I had that all together, I decided that it needed some clouds, and stitched clouds to go with the rest of the scene were perfect!



I finished it off with a sentiment from Tickled Pink! Definitely love all the flamingo-centric fun sentiments in that set!




No comments:

Post a Comment