Saturday, March 25, 2017

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge




It's time for another Papertrey Ink blog hop challenge. This month's inspiration comes from Victoria Johnson Design. I loved the bold floral images and colour palettes.


Originally, I had planned to make a pattern similar to the one on the right. I didn't end up having as much free time as expected, so I went in a different direction. 

I brought out Spring Woods and got to work. This is a set that I've barely used, so it was nice to put ink to it.
 I wanted a softer, blender background, so I started with that. I blended distress oxide inks. Next, I die cut a few of the branches and stamped them with Sweet Blush for the flowers, Mint Julep for the leaves, and Dark Chocolate for the branches. I liked the yellow and blue for the bird, so I used Harvest Gold (stamped twice) and Enchanted Evening. I need to build my stash of mother's day cards, so I added a greeting from Fillable Frames #4 (love this one!).



I still want to make some patterns similar to the image on the right, but need to assess my floral stamp stash first. 

Supplies:
Ink: Sweet Blush, Mint Julep, Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, Enchanted Evening, Versafine Black Onyx, Distress Oxide- Broken China, Faded Jeans
Paper: Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, White
Accessories, etc.: Blending Tool, Spring Woods Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment