Thursday, June 25, 2015

Leafy Father's Day


I know Father's Day was last weekend, but my dad was out of town, so he's not getting the card until this upcoming weekend.  Although, you could also easily apply these techniques and layout to a different sentiment.

I was feeling really inspired by all of the cards I saw using the newly released One with Nature. Being in Canada, I knew that even if I ordered that set (which I have), I wouldn't be receiving it for at least a week. When you feel that inspired, sometimes you need to see what you can do with what you have.

I pulled out this oldie, but goodie Stampin' Up! set (All the Best) and decided to ink them up with distress inks. I have the spots, so I just kind of inked up randomly with several different colours, ensuring that I covered the whole stamp. I stamped that onto my favorite cotton paper. Once they were all stamped, I went over the images with a fine, wet brush to blend and smooth the colours.

After all that work, I didn't want to hide my background, so I decided on a bold and clear embossed die cut "happy" with a small sentiment strip.


Supplies:
Stamps: All The Best (SU), Men of Life (PTI)
Ink: Various Distress Inks, Ripe Avocado
Paper: Cotton Paper (Savoy), Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Meadow Moss
Accessories, etc.: Happy die (happy trio- WP9), clear embossing powder



No comments:

Post a Comment