Saturday, July 26, 2014

A few congrats!

I really loved how Shari had used the Butterfly Drift die on a card recently. I was inspired to use the die similarly, filling it with various patterned papers.  I liked the Congrats with a Happy For You for a bridal shower card.


Once that one was completed, I thought I should try something similar with the Star Parade die. I didn't have the same variety of patterned papers, so I stuck with two colours of cardstock. I kept the Summer Sunrise stars plain and added some polka dots to the Lemon Tart stars. I used the same big sentiment, but changed the small one to You Did It. For both cards, the Congrats was done using Smokey Shadow, however I just recently re-inked it, so it comes across quite dark in the photos.


Supplies: Stamps: Wet Paint III
Ink: Summer Sunrise,  Smokey Shadow, Baja Breeze
Paper: White, Baja Breeze, Various Retired Stampin' Up Patterned Papers, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart
Accessories, etc.: Star Parade die, Butterfly Drift die, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment