Saturday, May 03, 2014

Old meets new

I mentioned a few weeks ago how my fiance likes to give me creative challenges. The challenge last night was to use my oldest set with my newest.

I no longer have my oldest set (Stampin' Up!'s Quick and Cute). I looked through my Splitcoaststampers gallery to confirm which set might be my oldest and I'm pretty sure it's All the Best. I still have this set easily accessible. I think despite it being over 10 years old, it's actually quite classic and it still works well with today's trends and techniques. 

For my newest set, I had quite a few options. My latest PTI order came yesterday (love it when it actually arrives on a Friday so I have the weekend to play!) and there were about 6 new sets in that order. I really liked how the mix of fonts in Wet Paint looked with the leaves.


Although not part of the challenge specifically, I ended up using some old paper (anyone remember Gable Green) and one of my newest embellishments (Studio Calico sequins).

I was really happy with how it turned out! I hope it inspires you to mix up your old and new products. We get so hung up on having the latest and greatest and those old products that we "had to have" sometimes get forgotten.

Supplies:
Stamps: All the Best, Wet Paint
Ink: New Leaf, Cottage Ivy, New Sprout, Black Onyx
Paper: New Leaf, Gable Green, White, Vellum
Accessories, etc,: Sequins


2 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge ... and fantastic design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from Chera's blog. Love this challenge your fiance came up with because I am always happy when I use my old stamps. I think I have that set with the leaves. Haven't used it enough. You have motivated me to dig it out and play with it! The card you made is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete