Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trend Watch challenge

I decided to make a few cards for this week's WPlus9 challenge: Trend Watch.

Card #1 features metallic watercolours (Twinkling H2Os), gold, and peacock feathers. Feathers, although not the newest trend, are still quite prevalent in the crafting and fashion industry.

The card itself was quite simple. I used a few twinkling H2Os and blended a nice shimmery background. I also stamped and embossed a feather and painted it to match a peacock feather. I completed the card off with a little bit of gold card stock and a gold embossed sentiment.


Supplies:
Stamps: Fanciful Feathers
Ink: Versamark, Gold
Paper: White, Cotton White, Gold
Accessories, etc.: twinkling H2Os, white and gold embossing powders

This next card features a few trendy items- grunge look, rainbows, 80s themed. Again, they aren't the newest trends, but they are still quite prevalent in both the fashion and craft industry. 

This card was also quite simple. I chose my colour palette, then staggered the starry paint swipe image. I completed it was embossing the word "Awesome" in white and popped up the "you're so". All that was popped up on a white card base.

Supplies:
Stamps: So 80s
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Black
Paper: White
Accessories, etc.: White embossing powder

1 comment: