Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A few anniversaries

I figured it was high time for an update. Unfortunately the exact thing that I said wouldn't happen did- once I started dedicating more of my time to the Clean and Simple Stamping blog, the time dedicated to this blog translated to one or two posts a month. I don't have nearly the same amount of free time I had when I first started blogging, so when I do have time to stamp, I feel obligated to maintain the sketches over at CAS.

So, when my grandmother returned the empty cardbox, I welcomed it as a reason to stamp for fun. I ended up making 12 birthday cards, 4 sympathy cards, and these anniversary cards. I find that if I make 4 of the same design in one sitting it doesn't become super boring.

Anyway, onto the cards!
Since I picked up the limitless layers-circles die from Papertrey, I have been trying to incorporate them into several designs (and unfortunately, often failing!). Finally, I figured out a design that would use all the things I wanted to include- that fun scalloped circle, some layered images, and still plenty of room for a sentiment without it being a boring layout.

I thought about leaving the pink background blank, but I really like using these flourishes with the heart image and adding some small hearts to the mix.

Supplies (most supplies from Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise noted):
  • Stamps: Round and Round, Heart Prints, Fancy Flourishes
  • Ink: Cherry Jubilee, Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
  • Paper: Ruby Red, Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up!), White, Dark Chocolate
  • Accessories, etc.: Limitless Layers- Circles die, Eyelet lace die

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect! I looked at your last 4 to 5 posts...again, perfect...your have a very unique style, which I wish I had...there is a definite difference in all of your cards...what talent girl! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the flourishes. I make cards for my mother (who is in assisted living in another state). For Christmas, I have been giving her 100 cards with envelopes and stamps. She loves it, as she cannot get out to shop easily. Birthday cards get used most. I'm always looking for ideas, especially for men. I absolutely love your style! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete