Saturday, June 20, 2009

Glossy Leaf

I was so focused on my sketch over at my clean & simple blog that I thought I'd take a stab at a not-so clean & simple card. I used the same basic sketch but added several steps. First I stamped the leaf, then I coloured in the non-inked parts with Copics. Next I cut it out and embossed it, twice, with ultra glossy embossing powder. I placed that over a background stamped oval. Next up, creating the matching patterned paper. I cut a piece of glossy white paper, stamped several leaves, then brayered a few inks until I got a colour I was happy with. Then I stamped the Weathered background over that and embossed the whole thing so it would set. I added an extra mat to the patterned paper layer. Instead of going with an ultra neutral card base, I stamped Linen on mustard paper, then sponged the edges. Remember when it was the "cool thing" to use tons of background stamps. It's fun to go back to that style every now and then.
Supplies:
Stamps: Men of Life, French Script, Weathered, Linen, Autumn Leaf Prints
Ink: Really Rust, Dark Chocolate, Cognac, More Mustard, Versamark
Paper: Really Rust, More Mustard, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla, Glossy White
Accessories, etc.: Die Cuts, Scalloped punch and scissors, button, twine, brayer, sponge, pop dots, UTEE

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous guy card. I like how you kept the sketch simple but amped up the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful masculine card - love it!

    ReplyDelete