Sunday, May 03, 2009

Spring Fling

When I saw that Nichole had posted a challenge, how could I resist? Especially with all those amazing photographs the PTI design team had chosen as inspiration. I loved the photo of the tulip festival that Lisa posted. I took those colours and went about making my own floral scene.

I started by spritzing some watercolour paper. I patted it with a towel so it was only slightly moistened. Then I inked up the stamps with markers. I finished off the scene with a bit of paint splattering and plenty of distressing.
Supplies:
Stamps: Life, Linen
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Regal Rose, Always Artichoke, Watercolour Paper, Rose Red
Accessories, etc.: ribbon, paper piercer, distressing tool

10 comments:

  1. How pretty! Does it matter what kind of markers you use on the stamps, or should the be a certain kind? I'm thinking that regular "kid" markers (i.e. crayola) wouldn't work right or might stain the rubber of the stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is AMAZING! I love your watercolor technique, thanks for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. So soft and pretty. Love your panels, linen detail and your colours and paints are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I like effect the spritzing gave to your images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet watercoloring effect and paper piercing! Super job on the spring fling challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is gorgeous. love the water color effect.

    ReplyDelete