Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two in One

That's right, post number two for today. The fabulous Becky Oehlers is holding a challenge in honour of her birthday and blogaversary to use clear cardstock. I quite like the look of clear cards, so I figured I'd make one.

Here's the outside. I texturized the blue paper, attached it to the yellow cardstock then cut out the circle with a nestabilities die. I added the scalloped circle and brads because the front was just too plain without it.

The inside is full of fishes, wishing "birthday fishes", of course. I was totally inspired by this one by Nichole Heady. I tend to avoid gel cards though, because they don't keep well. They're great if you use them immediately, but if you don't they tend to get very distorted.

Supplies:
Stamps: Pond Life
Ink: Orangerie, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart
Paper: Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, White, Summer Sunrise
Accessories, etc.: Acetate, brads, texture plate, nestabilities

6 comments:

  1. So cute Natasha... love what you did with this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute with the fish showing through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Natasha. Love the use of acetate. You are very creative. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Natasha, on winning most creative for this card! (Hemidemi...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clear cards is always good in looks. I am also working on the clear cards. Your both cards are really nice. Keep adding more in your list.

    ReplyDelete