Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Oops!

I try to post at least once a week, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. This last weekend I was in Brandon, teaching a few classes at a scrapbooking convention. It was a lot of fun! It was also great to getaway for the weekend, even if it was just 2 hours away.

With it being the upcoming Easter weekend, I have kind of an odd work schedule. It's my Saturday rotation week, which means I am on my 3 day weekend right now Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It's actually kind of nice. I love having weekends when the majority of people are having weekdays. That combination also means... time for shopping, regular mail deliveries, and time for stamping. I managed to fit all 3 in today. The shopping wasn't too interesting, new headphones (the ones that come with iPods are WAY too big for my ears), and an extra SD card. I also received my nestabilities from http://paperworksco.com/. I ordered Blossoms, Labels 3 and 4. I decided to put together a little something featuring the Blossoms shape.

This was one of those cards that just kind of came together, absolutely no planning. I wanted to jazz up the flower shape, so I stamped it, then added a big vintage button which I had threaded. I created the leaves by cutting freehand and scoring down the middle. I liked the dotty theme and decided to bring out the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder (I really need to use that more often!). I decided at the last minute to add in a scalloped border to make the panel a bit more proportionate to the card front. The last step was a small sentiment tag which I slid under the flower.

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Basics, Polka Dot Basics
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Craft, Vintage Cream
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, New Leaf
Accessories, etc.: Blossoms, Scalloped Rectangles nestabilities, vintage button, thread, Swiss Dot folder

2 comments:

  1. this card is great! I agree that it came together very well.
    I also agree on the ipod ear buds- they hurt my ears so bad. I got some new ones but I think the sound is horrible. Did you find some that you like?

    ReplyDelete