Sunday, April 26, 2009

Colour x 50


I saw that it was #50 of Kristina's colour challenge, and since I seem to have lots of time this weekend (how strange!) I thought I'd play along. I have always been a fan of bright colours, especially the primaries. I liked the look of my stamped patterned paper so much the other day that I decided to try it with these colours. It's a simple design, I didn't want to take away from all that pretty stamping. To tie in all the colours, I stamped the happy once in each primary and left birthday in one of the neutrals. Of course, when I read Happy Happy Happy Birthday, I get the cheesy song from Emperor's New Groove in my head, the one in the restaurant (happy happy birthday, from all of us to you, we wish it was our birthday, so we could party too...). I love that movie!
Supplies:
Stamps: Detours (October Afternoon), Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Bahama Blue, Cantaloupe, Lady Bug, Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sun, White
Accessories, etc.: Scalloped edge punch, scalloped rectangle nestabilities, chocolate 3/8'' grosgrain

15 comments:

  1. Love this card! Great use of the color yellow. Love it!
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the color challenge. Great card and good luck on being picked a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. If I were the one picking winners, yours would definetly be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this sketch and the way you used the colours...makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so gorgeous! I love your stamped DP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! Love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Natasha your's is the second card I have seen with yellow as the primary focus. It is beautiful! i made a purse this week but wish I had done a card LOL Have a great evening hugs~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleek and fun. Love your scallop border and background. You rocked this color challenge!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, Natasha! I just love how you used the colors in the greeting - really makes a bold statement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card from Natasha ... I have to admit, I am one of your many blog stalkers and I case many many many of your layouts ... you continue to create beautiful, simple, clean and quick cards. Thanks for all that you do for the stamping community and for all the inspiration you provide me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! Love the patterned paper you created with the Detour stamps.

    ReplyDelete