Thursday, April 30, 2009

Colour Challenge!

I was quite happy to see that Dawn had posted a new colour challenge today. And it just so happens to be one of my favorite combinations already- Aqua, Brown, and White. Because I just received Scattered Showers, I've been using it a lot and having quite a lot of fun with it. Since it's Dawn's challenge, and that set is her design, I figured, why not showcase both?


I started by stamping my own patterned paper with the smallest umbrella in the set and the rain drops. I found the handle to be a bit too long for that umbrella in a background setting, but it was easily resolved. I placed a post-it note over each umbrella and then I could make the handle as short as I wanted. I embossed the greeting in white powder so it would really pop out. I also stamped another umbrella and cut it out. I really like placing the umbrellas on a diagonal. Perhaps because that's usually how I see them when they're being used? Then I added a scalloped edge, some satin ribbon, and my current obsession (sorry folks!) the button bow!

Something amusing I just noticed- it's been raining all day, and after I finished my card I saw that the sky is clearing and there's quite a bit of sunshine!

Supplies:
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Birthday Basics
Ink: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, White
Accessories, etc.: scallop punch, satin ribbon, aqua mist button, twine, pop dots, white EP

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I saved her color challenge as well to try out later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!....Soft and Pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of this cute stamp set, Natasha. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this set and your card is so soft and sweet! Great job! I'm off now to join in the challenge myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I love how you used the image as the background. The layout and the ribbon are just great too!

    I didn't think I needed this set, but your card tells me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun!!! Love the layout and the great use of my favortie stamp set of the week. Fabulous job on the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I LOVE that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so so cute! It is such a peaceful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Your cards are always so great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Beautiful! I love that set!

    ReplyDelete