Saturday, April 25, 2009

April Blog Hop!

This month's challenge was to use one of Lauren Meader's Timeless Templates. I really love the "From the Desk of" template. It's such a fun one and it's quite sturdy! I've made a few already, but I wanted to try something a little bit different for the blog hop. I decided it'd be fun to make two of the organizers and stick them together. I printed out the template twice on PTI's white cardstock. Then I printed out the decorative mats onto Aqua Mist and used the flowers from Friends 'til the End and stamped out some pretty paper. I put each template together, then stuck them to each other. I thought a basic style handle would be fun, so I adhered 2 strips of 11x1 inch white cardstock together, then attached those to the organizers. I reinforced those with 2 brads on each side. I thought this would be really cute if you left out the divider, kind of like the old style milk bottle cartons.
I decided to put my new organizer to use right away. I found that each division fits about 22 Copics (sketch or original), making the entire ensemble able to fit 88 markers. And the handle is sturdy enough and well attached that you can lug the whole thing around. I tested it out!

Supplies:
Stamps: Friends 'til the End
Ink: Ocean Tides, Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate
Paper: PTI White, Aqua Mist
Accessories, etc.: Scor-Tape, From the Desk of Timeless Template, Chocolate Brads, 1/16th hole punch

51 comments:

  1. Great idea. Love your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one CLEVER chick! Love this idea! Think I need to do the same for my Copics! Fabulous use of the template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing! I love it! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! What a fun and stylish way to show off your marker collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BRILLIANT! I love putting two of them together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a GREAT idea - I still have not settled on the perfect solution for my copic storage but you might just have nailed it - lovely, lovely job with the set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the back-to-back idea and the handle. How handy for carrying your markers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the empty one was great then I saw all your Copics (so jealous!) what a fab idea~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its great - lovely to have on your craft desk (I'm jealous of all those lovely copics!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I have more copics, maybe I'll quadruple the whole idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic job! Not only is your project beautiful, but so functional! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, Natasha. . .and a great way to store your Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have any copics, but I am really thinking about taking the plunge. I love how you organized them.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic project! Looks beautiful and what a great use!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't this just the best idea!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How AWESOME is that!?!? I'm totally doing this!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. holy poop!!! this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my heck! What a fabulous idea. And that stamped aqua paper is just beaufiul.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A copic case, how original! Mine are still swimming in a big plastic bag in a drawer, what a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love you project. The stamped aqua paper is so soft and beautiful. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant Natasha! Gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just perfect! Love how you used two of them back to back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great project! I love how you put the handle on it to give it a fresh practical look. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. One word for this: fan-tab-ulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How clever! And cute! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great idea!! I was just wondering what I could put all my new Copics in.... this might just be the solution I need too !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh that is way too cool! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I made need one of these for myself! Really pretty and useful. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE THIS... makes me wish I hadnt bought the holder for my copics.. course now I need the sketch that PTI carries... hmmmm :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This might have to be the first project I make for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful and practical! Can't ask for much more. You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. milk bottles...or my Prima flower bottles! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea! I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great idea! Love the handle too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ummmmm, yeah...that looks so vintage milk man carrier cool! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome - what a great use for that template!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is awesome, I love it, just might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. brilliant, idea. this is just soooo cool. great work.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Way cool project... would love to get the directions or template! Yours looks so crisp and very professional!
    ps I love your blog! =) Rose

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW!!!! Tash, this is gorgeous!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's great! I could see this sitting on a table filled with Copics- without a handle... maybe put some felt ont he bottom so it would slide better! Now you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just love that, perfect use for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so AWESOME! I am in need of a way to store my Copics and this is brilliant! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete