Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Gel-a-tins!

When I first saw this set I could hardly wait to make samples. I can finally share those, so here goes:
For this first one, I wanted to show how versatile these apples were. I wanted to make them look a little more lifelike. I sponged my inks and outlined the apples and I have to say, I was thrilled with the results!!

For this one, I wanted to make use of the adorable shaped sentiment. I went with a good old stand by layout, but jazzed up the background with embossed circles.
I had JUST purchased the Memento Ink Pear Tart. It only seemed appropriate to use it with this pear image. For the bite marks, I stamped the pear on a post-it, then drew over where I wanted the image to be taken away from. I used those to carefully mask.

Other news: I made it to the Top 15 in the Gallery Idol contest!! Thanks to all who voted! I will also be sharing more fun gelly releases throughout the week. These ones are set to be available by July 25th!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards! I love gel a tins stuff... I'll head over right now and check out what's new!

    ReplyDelete