Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gel-a-tins: family tree

I have to say, when I first saw this set. I thought WOW, what a neat set for scrapbooking. I was a little stumped as far as what I should do a card. But then, inspiration hit! I thought, hey, wouldn't the tree trunk look nice as a limb. I was thrilled with how it turned out. I had stamped all the leaves on the white layer, but I wanted a bit more WOW, so I stamped them all on white and cut them out.
For card number two, I was thinking about how cool the swirly bits in this set would look as a background on white. So that's what I started out with. Then I went ahead and used the tree trunk as a trunk, adding in some nice green leaves. Next I went over all the leaves with a green Spica marker.


7 comments:

  1. I just love the fall one! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really LOVING this set!! Especially when you make such awesome samples - LOVE them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- love those cards- and apparently so does the rest of the world, since the link shows they're sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love them both!! I only have one Gel a tins set but I might have to add this one to my collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will now NEED to have this set!
    Love these cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those trees! Especially the fall one because of the dimension. :-)

    ReplyDelete