Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gems and Flowers

Here's a quick card I made a few days back. I had just received the East Coast Prep papers, and wanted to use them. I pulled the colours from this striped piece and based my card on that. For this card, I actually pieced together everything else before the main panel. I tend to make the main panel too big, then my ribbon has to go too far to the right or left. So this time, I got the placement of that, then decided on a panel size. Finally, only at that point, I decided on what I would even put on the panel. I made it a birthday card, because I can always use more of those.

Have a good long weekend. I've been busy enjoying mine :D

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Basics, Text Boxed (by PaperTrey Ink)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi, Black
Paper: Red, Turquoise, East Coast Prep DP, White
Accessories, etc.: gelly gems, double stitched ribbon, pop dots, blender pen and reinkers

3 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity and the colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! The bright colors are so fresh and pretty, and the layout is so clean and crisp - I could be talking about fruit here, huh ;) Anyway, love it!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Natasha!!

    ReplyDelete