Friday, March 21, 2008

Teen Boy Birthday

It's that time again, my youngest cousin is having a birthday soon, so I had the challenge of making his card. Last year he got stars, so I didn't want to do that again. I have found generic shapes to be accepted well from the teen age group. I decided to go with circles (these ones are from Spin Cycle). I chose a masculine palette and got to work. I also love the effect of overlapped outline fonts, so I did that with the build a set lowercase. I embossed those for added 'pop'. Although ribbon isn't typically a masculine embellishment, I feel it can really work when used in the same turns. The wide grosgrain especially seems fitting. This card is quite large- 4.25x8. It is the perfect size for every teen's favorite gift- money!

Supplies:
Stamps: Spin Cycle, Build-a-Set Lowercase
Paper: Kraft, Really Rust, White
Ink: Cocoa, Topaz, Paprika, Brown
Accessories, etc.: white EP, chocolate wide grosgrain

No comments:

Post a Comment