Monday, March 03, 2008

Eastern Themed Simplicity

I just recently received gel-a-tins' Asian Garden. There have been several Eastern inspired products that I have seen lately and this set fits well with that trend. For this card, I started out with the small image first. I cut out a rectangle, embossed it, stamped it with the bamboo leaves, then mounted it on a scalloped rectangle. I stamped the bird, cut it out, and placed it so it appeared to be flying away. I found a lightly coloured pattern paper from the DCWV Far East mat stack. I also made my own patterned paper using more of the bamboo leaves. I finished off the card with some double stitched olive grosgrain.

Supplies:
Stamps: Asian Garden
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive
Paper: White, Olive, Rose Red, DCWV Mat Stack
Accessories, etc.: nestabilities, ribbon, pop dot

4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I am a big fan of reds and greens together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another stamp set i need to find now... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great minds think alike. I used the same color scheme in my Asian style card recently uploaded. It’s here. http://tinyurl.com/2rufve

    Love seeing other Asian inspired cards and I love that little bird in the corner of the panel. I think I’ll try that with my next one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete