Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Leaf Green Spectrum

I haven't used Shapes and Shadows in a long time. It was my hands down favorite, but it retired and it just wasn't "cool" to keep on using it. That's one of those things that makes me sad about the stamping world. Once something retires, items made with it just get buried under anything that's the newest rage. But you know what, this is a versatile set, and there's no reason you can't keep coming up with ideas! This is by no means a new idea, but it's a nice look freshened by the ever popular scalloped ovals, some double-stitched grosgrain, and textured cardstock. The 3 colours I used for my spectrum were garden green, wild wasabi, and certainly celery.

Supplies:
Stamps: Shapes & Shadows, PTI's Faux Ribbon
Ink: garden green, wild wasabi, certainly celery, versamark
Paper: Glossy white, white, wild wasabi
Accessories, etc.: stitched grosgrain, brayer, oval nestabilities

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you about the fate of retired objects -- it's sad -- it's also a very costly situation!!! I'm so glad you uploaded this wonderful card -- just love it in these fresh colors -- great job!!!

    ReplyDelete