Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome Little All-Star

I needed to make a baby card today. There were a few guidelines I was given: it needed to have blue and yellow, it was for a boy, the parents are football fans, and the gift is somewhat sport themed as well. I knew I wanted to use the All*Star image from Sporting, but I needed to make it more for a baby. My last resource was going to be snap stamps, but first I looked through all my clear sets. I came upon this one from a Studio G set, it says Welcome Little One. Well, that was easy enough to alter, I just didn't ink up the "one". Yay, the perfect message: Welcome Little All*Star. The rest of the card is pretty basic, even though it took a while. First I had to die-cut out the stars (these are nestabilities) from thinner chipboard. Next I painted them with a few coats of yellow or light blue acrylic paint. Next, once dry, I covered them with mod podge and glitter. Again, let them dry, and finally I could attach them to the card base with ultra sticky tape. Due to a miscalculation, I had the wrong size of a yellow star leftover, so that went on the envelope.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sporting, a Studio G baby set
Ink: Yoyo Yellow, Bashful Blue craft ink
Paper: white, thin chipboard
Accessories, etc.: star nestabilities, acrylic paint, mod podge, glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment