Friday, October 05, 2007

Holiday Fun!

So yesterday was a "good mail day" as they say. I received some new gel-a-tins! I LOVE these designs. They are so much fun to play with! Check them out here if you're interested. They also have some new embossing powders. The peppermint one is AMAZING!!!

The first card features Oh Christmas Tree. I love all of the other holiday designs, but I was really wishing for a tree one. This one was exactly what I was hoping for. It has 6 funky patterned trees and loads of sentiments and accessories. I stamped and masked several trees here using Celery, Wasabi, and Garden Green. It was cute like that, but those darling birds were calling to me. I thought it'd be cute if they were decorating the trees with a strand of silver. This was one of those ideas that I was unsure of execution. But, with careful planning, it worked. Each silver swoop is a separate piece of silver cord. It taped on either end, under the birds. The birds were then attached to add more strength to the cord sticking.

Supplies:
Stamps: Oh Christmas Tree by gel-a-tins
Ink: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Bravo Burgundy
Paper: White, Wild Wasabi, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories, etc.: silver cord (last year's, retired), dimensional


Next up is a card featuring the set Holiday Mail. It's got a very cool worn, vintage look, something I really haven't seen much of in clear stamps. If you like the worn look of this set, I'd also recommend Spiral Symphony and Weathered Crate Alphabet. For my first creation with this set, I wanted to make full use of the build a stamp elements. I started with the outline stamp, again using masking to get some overlap. Then I filled in the outlines with 2 of the 4 cute square images. I added the price to the stamps (the set includes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,0 for all your numerical needs). The chocolate frame was done using the small double hole punch. I punched into the paper about half way, always using the guide of the one hole to line up the next punch. Once again, my card was at the point of cute, but I wanted to keep going. I wasn't sure how the mail markings would look on top, so I cut a piece of transparency oversize and stamped on that. I really like how it turned out. I was going to just use that, but I didn't want to deal with the attachment issue. I hadn't intended on bringing brads into the design, and I don't have any adhesive spray. So, instead, I stamped the mail markings it chocolate craft ink and embossed them with clear powder. It worked wonderfully! Plus it adds a "reach out and touch me" quality to the card. Now the scary thing with this was, I went and lined up my overlay afterwards, to see how close I had gotten to my test run placement. All elements matched up EXACTLY!! How unlikely!

Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Mail by gel-a-tins
Ink: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Paper: White, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red
Accessories, etc.: Clear Embossing Powder, Small double hole punch

5 comments:

  1. Super cute cards! I love those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha! These are gorgeous, I always love your work :) Thanks so much for joining my challenge, your card is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your holiday cards! I can't believe it's that time of year already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two cards are so cute! I clicked on the pic to get the detail on the birds decorating the trees. Very nice! How fun to play and love what you do!

    ReplyDelete