Monday, September 24, 2007

Markers & Ribbon!

So, all the copic rage has started to get to me, but I refuse to give in 100%. I saw these "Professional Graphic Artist" markers at Michaels for a fraction of the price of copics and prismacolors. I decided, with coupon in hand, why not give them a whirl. They are not bad! I could blend pretty good with them. I don't have an actual blender pen yet, but on this sample, I squiggled some green ink onto a piece of acrylic and while it was still wet, I dipped the yellow marker in it. You can see that on the turtle's body (by Pink Cat Studio, by the way). These markers aren't completely streak free, but they are good for the price. For now, you don't get to see the completed card, because it's not done. In the middle of it, the ribbon arrived! Well, most of the ribbon. Two of the colours are a little behind (grey and celery). So I've got it all cut. I figured I'd spend the evening winding them up in front of the television. I was going to contact the manufacturer tomorrow on the status of the other 2 colours, I'm sure it shouldn't be more then a week behind.

5 comments:

  1. Love the results! Gorgeous. Just proves that it's not the tool that you use but the artist behind them. I'm not jumping on the Copic bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bothered with the Copic's either (yet). A friend did order a mini set so I am waiting to try hers first.

    That is great about the ribbon. I am excited to get it. No rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job coloring this! Kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time on your wonderful blog: I love your cards,they are clean and crisp. I'll be back to take a peek at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your turtle coloring is really nice. I have some of the copics and have been expiramenting. I think I like them but need practice!

    ReplyDelete