Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lovely Thoughts


I saw today's colour challenge this morning, I was inspired, but I had all sorts of cleaning and computer stupidity happening, so it didn't get done until now. I quickly browsed through the other challenge uploads and spotted a few others who used this set, this stamp in particular, with these colours. It worked really well! I went with a garden scene once again. I really liked how the last one turned out, so I figured, let's try that again! I didn't want to stray from the challenge colours, so I painted the leaves brown, which I guess could be a tad depressing, but it works. I'm pretty sure my layout was inspired by a "Val-card". She has such an gift of creating awesome layouts. They aren't overly busy, just amazing.
On here, I stamped the Definition background on 3/4 of the cardbase, and linen on the other 1/4. The little x stitches are from All in a Row. I just recently unmounted that one, so expect a LOT more use. I didn't like the stark whiteness, so I softened it up with some good ol' paint splattering. The greeting is from the Punch Box set.

3 comments:

  1. Love this card...and congrats on the DD over at SCS. yippie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is gorgeous, I absolutely love these colours with this set. Congrat's on joining the Dirty Dozen! You're a fantastic artist and it's nice to see that recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely amazing, love the bright colors and also the layout of this card.

    ReplyDelete