Friday, May 11, 2007

Destination!

Have you ever spotted something in a magazine, and thought I HAVE to make that! Well, Creating Keepsakes has started offering these kits of the month. They have advertisements featuring that month's kit, but the ad also includes a little tease of the 2 months afterwards. Well, I really liked the teaser for July. However, because I am the way I am, (impatient, cheap, resourceful, to name a few...) I had to see about making it myself. Here is my inspiration piece (if you are interested in the actual kit, check out here: http://www.lisabearnson.com/kotm/)


So the first thing I needed was a book, I found one at the dollar store. It holds 5x7 pages. Next, I used my upper and lower typeset font for the mixed up "destination". I used the rough edges mini alphabet for the word cruise. The star is from the gelatins Super Star set. The arrow was traced from one of those purple sparkly templates. I don't know who makes them, they first came out when scrapbooking was just starting to be more mainstream. And that was that! I was very impressed that I managed to achieve a similar look with my book!

3 comments:

  1. Great book! Love your take on CK's teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MADE A REMARKABLE DUPLICATE! BY THE WAY - I DO THE SAME THING. I THINK TO MYSELF "I CAN DO THAT, BUT CHEAPER!" YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB. LOVE YOUR BLOG.
    SARAH J.

    ReplyDelete