Saturday, January 27, 2007

Red Velvet

Today my mom and I decided to do some window shopping, only we actually came home with a few purchases... We started out at one of the local scrapbooking stores, I didn't see anything that jumped out and shouted BUY ME, but I was really enjoying the Valentine's Day displays, all the rich pink and red items were lovely. However, I resisted. I was on the lookout for some velvet ribbon, but they only sell that by the metre, so I didn't feel like getting any. Next we went to Fabricland. Immediately, I set off for the ribbon section. I found some pretty velvet ribbon, looked at the price, Ouch! $3.39/m for the mid-sized stuff. I wasn't too fond of that price tag. Then I heard my mom calling me over. As she always does, she found some awesome rolls of designer ribbon. There were grosgrain, organdy, picot, satin, AND velvet!!! They all are super nice. They had a little sampler tag and wow, is that stuff ever soft. I hadn't yet come across grosgrain that was as soft as Stampin' Up!'s, but this stuff was. That's beside the point though, I have plenty of grosgrain, I do not of plenty of velvet ribbon. The price was 50% off 2-metre rolls that were $3.99 regular price (so $1.98 for 2 metres, not too shabby). So of course I had to use this precious new ribbon. I love it, there's something magical about the texture of using velvet on your card. Here it is, I used Bothway Blossoms, a quote from Happy Harmony. The background is made up of the Cherish stamp from Lexicon of Love.

1 comment:

  1. That ribbon find AWESOME i need to try some velvet ribbon on my cards. I can say your card looks Sophisticated.(big word)..TFS...Liann

    ReplyDelete