Thursday, January 11, 2007

Another card before the night's through.

I was in the mood to watercolour something, which was the whole reasoning behind getting this set. Also, it had an iris stamp and a carnation stamp, 2 flowers which I enjoy. Anyway, I stamped the image onto the watercolour paper with the brown stazon, then started to colour. It's amazing how much better the colour moves on this paper, also no pilling, which is very nice. I kept the card very simple. The images in the Still Life Stems set work very well with a greeting and empty space. I finished it off by mounting it on eggplant, then on thyme. I thought about adding ribbon, but it just didn't go, so I left it. I think I will definitely be making a set of these as a gift item sometime.
Also, in regards to the giveaway, stay tuned. Once my weekend starts (sometime after 4:00 tomorrow), I will post the items!

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Natasha!!!
    Its a WOW!!! and I think you should send it in to SU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha,
    That card is absolutely beautiful. I second dale anne's comment of sending it in to SU!!! It looks like it could be a catalog sample!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous~!! I love how you watercoloured this card.

    I third - that you should send it to SU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis Bee-u-ti-ful. I disagree though. You should send it to me.

    :D

    -Your loving and procrastinating sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful. your watercoloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete