Thursday, December 28, 2006

Quilted Colour Blocking


I saw the "Less Loved Stamp Set" at ScrapTV this last week and wanted to participate. I definitely have a few stamps that fit into the "so not my style any more/lives a dark, lonely life in the drawer"-category. This set, Quick & Cute was the first set that my mom bought from Stampin' Up! It was the first party we had been to, and it was when the US/CAN exchange was REALLY bad so we scared away by the prices of other stamps. We were also starting out so we wanted something that was multi-occasional, something that came with a few images, as well as a few sentiments. Quick & Cute fit the bill! Well, then 4 months later I discovered SCS, and I quickly realized that this set was SO not my style. I don't mind it, I just never use. It was the first of MANY. I just quickly realized that there was so much more out there. And when it retired this last July, it stayed away. I decided to pull it out for this challenge. I also used this year's All in a Row. This is a set that I had great intentions for, but it was also part of my first (and a little impulsive) new catalog order. I used the diamond/x stamp as quilted faux stitches.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Natasha - I LOVE how you used the diamonds from All in a Row set for stitches. FABULOUS idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale Anne's right--those diamond stitches are great! I need to do that, too! Great card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love quilt cards and this one rocks.

    ReplyDelete