Monday, October 02, 2006

Wishing You... (you guessed it) happiness!


I just saw my last 2 post titles had the word happiness in the title, so let's make it a trilogy! I keep making "happy" cards that I haven't even been entirely happy with. I don't know why, I guess, I keep seeing all these amazing creations lately, and I don't want to, but I constantly compare my work to them. I'm just having difficulties getting into the groove. You know, the one where you make a card, and look at it, and think "wow, I really made that!". Maybe I should take a day or two off from the stamping, I don't know. Perhaps this week's challenges will re-inspire me. Perhaps it's just too late in the evening...

Anyway, here is the creation of tonight, I did some things I hadn't done before, like age my own paper. I soaked some designer paper in water and Close to Cocoa reinker. It gave exactly the effect I was hoping for. The hula lady is coloured in with markers, I sponged a bit around the sides, using the inward swiping motion, and it's hard to see, but over top of the hula lady is a piece of acetate with the word "happiness" in white stazon.

2 comments:

  1. love your cards today!! I personally have loved all of the cards you've been posting!! I wish my things were half as good as your 'not so good' things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha!!
    I am in love with your hula girl card!!!
    I have the hugest urge to create something now.... or just buy a stamp and some gel pens and start colouring a la last Christmas...... oh the temptation!!!

    ReplyDelete